Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July just passed on Saturday. Usually I spend the day at home with family and then we lite fireworks and watch the neighbors lite there fireworks. The day has a special meaning to me other then the actual holiday itself. In 2002 my Grandfather on my dads side passed away. Its been 7 years, sometimes it seems hard to believe that he is gone. Lately I've been seeing so much of him in my dad, in the way he acts or certain things he does. My Grandpa fought in World War II, he was at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked.. So i guess for him to go on such a patriotic holiday was the best way to go.
I wish I would've had the chance to have known him better, I wish I could have heard his stories about the war and other things. That opportunity no longer exists so i just have to cherish the times i did spend with him and the memories i do have him.
Rest In Peace Grandpa Evanilla


Last year was the first year in a long time that i spent the day away from the house. I went to Americafest at the Rose Bowl with a few of my close friends. I had a ton of fun. The drum corps were good and the firework show was great.


This year I decided to stay home. Some of my friends came over, we had a little bbq. Later we watched as my neighbors attempted to blow up the street, and my friends decided to participate.
It was a well spent night with family, friends and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment