Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Day of Thanks.....

A year ago today, November 26, 2008, is a day I think I will remember for a long time. Its the day I got in my first accident. It was raining and I ended up flipping the suv I was driving. It was terrifying not knowing what was going to happen, there wasn't anything I could do to stop the car as it was fishtailing. It was the day before Thanksgiving, and this year the anniversary date falls on Thanksgiving day itself. Last year I felt very thankful and blessed for having survived the accident pretty much injury free and no one else was involved. I was thankful for the people who stopped to make sure I was ok and helped me with all my belongings that flew out of the car, that helped to try and calm me, that called 911. I was thankful for all the emergency people who responded to the call and although I had no injuries they still made sure I was ok. To the woman who stayed with me for a long time, to the CHP officer who stayed until it was all over, to the tow truck guy who responded. I was so great full and thankful. I still am. I felt that I had my angels watching me from up above taking care of me and making sure I was ok. I may not be the most religious person, but I am very thankful that God and my angels were watching over me.


This Thanksgiving I am still thankful for all those things, and so much more. I am thankful for the life I have been given, and that everyday I get to keep on living my life. I am thankful for my family, not just my mom, dad and brother, but my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I am thankful for all of my friends. I am thankful for all the blessings and opportunities I have been given. I am thankful for the blessing of musical talent that I have been given. I am thankful for all the very talented musicians I have met and get the chance to play with. I am thankful for all this and much more.

I'm currently reading a book Titled: Psycho- Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. It was suggested to me by one of my trumpet teachers. I hope to gain knowledge and grown, I hope to learn more about myself and find a new sense of confidence. I'm looking forward to finishing this book to see if it will help me grow and a musician and as a person overall.
I need to better manage my schedule. I need to make a better balance of music/ trumpet and homework that is non-musical. I'm trying to grow as a musician and get better, but i think recently I have started slacking in my other subjects.
I want to be a better musician, a better trumpet player. There are bad days and there are good days. But as a friend recently told me, I need to focus on the good days.
Change needs to happen, it is going to happen. I have to learn to sacrifice more.
I am going to be better, I am going to grow. It will all work out one day.

Thank you to those who have been there for me. Thank you to those who have help me. Thank you to those who love me. Thank you to my family and friends.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment