Lately I haven't blogged. Ive been meaning to for quite some time but never get around to doing it.
I've been busy with school, music, family, friends and other things. I meant to post a blog about the end of summer, the beginning of school, the beginning of fall and now i have other things to blog about. Right now i actually have some time to write so here I am typing away while i listen to Mayday Parade.
It seems so much has changed in the past month or so. Even just in the past week there have been changes. things happen in life and we don't always like them but they happen and we must come to accept them.
Summer ended. Fall semester began. Then the season of Fall began.
The beginning of the new school year was hectic. Auditions were nerve wrecking, after finding out what ensembles i made and didnt made my emotions were high. In the end things changed and i made the one ensemble that was one of the major reason for me attending citrus. Making Big Band was nice, but I have much to learn. This is only the beginning. I'm also doing wind symphony, our annual concert is coming up next week, which we aren't really ready for yet. We have 12 songs, some of which i have played before but most i have not. I've been a little stressed out lately trying to find time to do homework and practicing. Taking 3 GE classes plus 4 music classes, 3 of which are ensembles, has begun to take a toll on me.
Last weekend was Kenshu, which is when Japaneses students come and go through clinics and stuff. The people in big band had to help, thus i had to help. It started on Thursday night with setting up the rooms so they would be ready Friday morning for the students. Friday wasn't a long day really, finished around 2pm. Then afterward went to see the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra to see Marcus Printup perform. He got my mom and I back stage so i could meet Wynton Marsalis, which was cool. Marcus' kindness, was amazing, he is a great musician, person and friend. Saturday was a good day overall, long but good...the exboyfriend (he was still my boyfriend at the time) landed in la, hes home for a visit. seeing him after not seeing him since July was nice. Sunday was another long day at school, but this time we had to clean up and put the rooms back in order to how they were. Then Monday it was back to the regular school week.
Now it's the weekend again, and this time i get to enjoy it to some extent.
After 5months of dating, Eman and I have broken up. We still care about each other, we still like each other but him being almost 6000 miles away is hard on both of us. We are both busy, him with work and me with school and everything. We plan on being friends. What the future holds for us is unknown, we will only know when the days comes. He's home for a few more days and then he goes back. Right now things are hard, but im sure in time things will be fine. I still care deeply for him, and Eman if you are reading this I want you to know that I am glad that you came into my life.
On another note a few weeks ago I went to a concert/ festival thing in arcadia, it was a moon festival. I went with Johnny and Richelle and we meet up with a few people. We went to see Aj Rafael, I've wanted to see him since the day i heard his music and watched his videos on youtube. David Choi and Quest Crew also performed. Aj's set was short, only 3 songs. But i loved it. We left after to go get food and came back and David Choi was performing. We though Aj Rafael had already left, but he hadnt so while we were standing in an autograph line we saw him leaving. thinking he was gone for sure then we were debating on if we should stay for the autographs or not, then we saw Aj running back to the backstage area. We ended up getting to meet him and getting a picture with him. He was a really sweet guy. I would love to see him perform again.
I'm glad its the weekend. I finally have time to rest and catch up on homework. I have a lot of reading to do.
Before I end this blog I just want to thank my family and friends for being there for me through everything. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment