Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring Semester

Today was the first day of spring semester. I didn't think it would go well because I couldn't fall asleep last night and even though I don't have a class til 11:30 I was got up at 6:30ish to be at school around 8am. I figured parking would suck and also this way I could have a ton of time to warm up.
So as I was on my way to school I got stuck at a light behind a line or cars and the light wasn't changing, i was sitting there for probably at least five minutes until i decided this was getting ridiculous and i was tired of waiting so i changed lanes and went through a little parking lot thing and continued on my way to school.
I got to school, signed in for lab hours and went to the third floor to warm up and practice. I began warming up and then a friend came in and we had a nice chat for about an hour or so. He left and i continued doing the daily routine. Around 10 Richard came in and we traded off doing flow studies, which helped a lot cause it worked on my breathing and higher range which is something i need to work on more. He left around 10:30 to make sure everyone knew we weren't having our brass sectional due to the fact that too many people wouldn't be able to make due to the new semester.
Wind symphony was a 11:30 which went by some what fast. We rehearsed Hounds of Spring and Whos that masked man. Then it was lunch time which was fun. I went with Gavin, Sabrina and Jon Jon to del taco, which was that good but whatever. We had some great convos in the car and at del taco. Then was applied music at 2:40, which didn't really take long cause all did was listen to an introduction and some changes in the classes and then filled out our info paper. After i went with Gavin and Jenny to get our parking passes, and then to get Jenny some food. We hung out at cali burger for a bit talking and what not.
And now I'm home. I didn't really think today was going to be a good day. But surprisingly it turned out to be a pretty good day. Hopefully tomorrow is just as good.
I decided to not add the GE classes that the counselor wanted me to take, i honestly didn't feel like trying go and have the teacher add me. My music classes that I'm taking add up to 13units, which isn't a lot for me really, but I'm just going to wait on taking the GE classes until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment