Yesterday I finally had an appointment with a counselor at citrus for the first time. I wanted to find out what classes i need to take to get my AA and to transfer. The counselor told me i have 95 completed credits, the only "bad" thing is that most of those are music classes and not GE classes. So we figured out what classes i need to take and when i should take them, only bad part about that is that the classes she wants me to take for spring are all full for the most part, so I'm gonna have to try and add them on the first day. She thinks I'll be done at citrus by spring of 2010 which i guess isn't a bad thing i don't know, i kind of want to transfer already. The good things about citrus are that I'm getting a good music education and its costing a lot less then it would at a 4year to get all my GEs done. After my appointment I went to wind symphony. Then after that i went to retake the reading placement test because the first time I took it i didn't score so high because i wasn't really paying attention and was careless. So i retook it and tested out of reading so i don't have to take a reading class now which made me happy, one less class to take yay!
I'm not really sure where i want to transfer to when I do transfer. I was thinking Fullerton since I was already made it in there before when i applied senior year of high school. But i think i'll keep my options open.
Last night while online i had received and email that trumpeter Chris Botti is going to be doing a Live Chat next week and that you can text in questions. It seems like it will be pretty cool. He is one of my favorite trumpet players and he was really nice and cool when i met him senior year. He asked me where i planned on going to college and who the trumpet teachers were. I told him Charley Davis and Bob Slack, he then told me that he knew Slack from college and to tell him he said hi and the i was in good hands. That is one of the reasons i choose to go to citrus.
Anyways i decided to take a look a his website since i hadn't in awhile or at least not the news section of his page. And i found out that he had been on a late night show with John Mayer, who i love. John Mayer also was in a concert that Chris Botti had done and is now a cd which will be released in March, I can't wait! It made me night last night.
I think i may have developed some sort of insomnia. I have trouble falling asleep at night. It especially sucks when i have to wake up early the next day. So last night while I couldn't sleep I was texting one of my lovely friends. I've come to realize without him I'm not sure how I would have made it through some days and nights. He is a great friend, we've had our ups and downs but in the end I don't know what I would do if he wasn't in my life. The song 'Every Day' by Rascal Flatts reminds me of him, especially the lines..."Sometimes I swear, I don't know if I'm comin' or goin' But you always say something without even knowin' That I'm hangin' on to your words With all of my might and it's alright yeah, I'm alright for one more night"
thank you<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment