Three years ago today my dads mom passed away. Her name was Catherine Evanilla, but she went by her middle name Janet. But we also referred to her as Baba as a nickname for Grandma She was 86 years old, she died a week after her 86th birthday exactly. I;ll never forget spending her last birthday with her, she was in an assisted living place, i guess you could call it, she had been there since my Grandpa passed away in 2002. On her birthday my mom, dad, brother and I went to visit her and along with one of my uncles, his wife and my 2 cousins. We had cake with her, i think it was chocolate, she seemed so happy and healthy, i thought she was doing fine. Then the next Thursday or Friday they took her to the hospital she had taken a turn for the worse. I went to visit her more then once. We knew her time had come to an end and it was only a matter of time before she would go to sleep forever. My dads sister, who is also my godmother and one of his brothers were in charge of making the arrangements for the funeral. It was my senior year, and i had finals that week, which my family knew but they choose to have the funeral on a Friday morning. That morning i had my government final and algebra 2 final i couldn't miss them or try to reschedule them on such short notice. So I missed my grandmothers funeral. Everyone went to the mass part at the church while i took my finals. After my math final i texted my mom that i was done, a few minutes later the classroom phone rang and i walked as quickly as i could without running to the front office to be picked up. As i got out of the car at the cemetery the doves were being released and the funeral was over. I had gotten to say goodbye to her at the hospital the day before she passed away but i wanted to be at the funeral so badly, i was so angry at my aunt and uncle for planning it on the Friday morning knowing that i wouldn't be able to make it, it still hurts. I was able to put a flower on her casket before they lowered her. After the service all of my dads family went to have lunch at a restaurant, it was had to sit and eat with people who were my family but at the moment i felt like i wasn't apart of the family.
I guess all that matters is that my Grandma is in a better place, watching over me. I believe she along with my Grandpa and a few others i know that have passed away, were watching over me when i had my accident, i believe they are the reason I made it through my accident without any major injuries.
I miss her and she will always be apart of me.
Rest in Peace Grandma Evanilla
January 15, 1920 - January 22, 2006.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment