Drag me out with the tide
Let go of all the bad
Swim in the ocean of hope
Dive into the depth of the sea
Search for my soul
Feel the tide push and pull
See the sun light shimmer down through the water.
Soak in the beauty of it all.
Let me swim among the creatures
Clear my mind clear my head
Floating for hours in the open ocean
Listen to the waves crash on the shore
Take me out to sea and let me be free
{so I wrote this recently and I've decided that I want to start blogging again. And I'm going to try to use this blog to do so.
Over the summer I feel back in love with the ocean. Growing up in Southern California it's not hard to access the beach/ocean. My family would go camping all the time, usually in the summers and we'd do it at the beach. Years passed, we stopped going. And at some point I stopped swimming in the ocean. It wasn't until this summer that I started going back in and really swam in the ocean again.
It helped me rediscover the beauty of it. I wanted to be a mermaid. I loved just laying on the beach, getting tan, feeling the sun beating down. (Yes I know that's not really good for your skin but oh well). I loved being able to just walk down to the shore and then dive into the ocean.
There was a freeness that overcomes you while you're just floating there in a giant sea. A peacefulness that reaches you.
Take me back!!! Yes I live in Southern California so going to the beach isn't hard, and our winter isn't very cold but it's not really the same as when you go to the beach in the summer. But I think I'll try it anyways. Soon hopefully, if I can find some time.
So this is my return to blogging. Hopefully I keep it up this time. I have a bunch of random writings in my notes on my phone. And I kind of want to share them. But I don't think anyone will really see them here since no one really knows I have this. I'll need to change that.}
No comments:
Post a Comment